Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Shiny Suit Man in the Sun


Diddy did it again.

Okay, I'm not his biggest proponent (hearing his butchering of Zeppelin's "Kashmir" on a "Godzilla" soundtrack I shamelessly purchased as a youth still keeps me up at night) but Diddy isn't the worst ambassador hip hop has to offer (that's Flavor Flav for the record).

And several years ago, I caught an advance preview of his turn in the Broadway revival of "A Raisin in the Sun" that actually made me think he did a fairly decent job.

Then I saw this...



Mother-of-all-that-is-good-and-holy-fucking shit.

The grandiose intro of his "free ABC movie gift" to us, the fact that he seems to have overcompensated for the subtlety of the stage with the over the topness of the small screen... yet seeing the great Broadway cast return piqued my interest.
Until at 3:15...

Uncle fucking Jessie as the racist whitey?!

Damn Diddy, you may have "invented" and destroyed the remix, but even the greatness of Phylicia Rashad can't possibly save this debacle...but in this WGA strikened world, you know I'll be watching.

0 painful displays of affection:

  © Blogger templates Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP