Monday, July 21, 2008

In Search of a Midnight Kiss Trailer


Okay...so Mamma Mia did pretty much blow, and yes, my beloved Pierce Brosnan singing was more funny than actually sexy, but there was at least some positive to my weekend.

I saw the trailer for In Search of a Midnight Kiss before a screening of the Last Mistress (which by the way, if you're a fan of Breillat, is pretty good, and Fu'ad Ait Aattou is deliciously sexy) and it looks like a run of the mill indie romcom, but the hype around it during the Tribeca Film Festival and the splatters of "ooo's" from the audience all but piqued my interest.

The male lead Scoot McNairy (how great a name is Scoot by the way? is it short for Scooter? or something exotic like Scootilius?) puts out this pre-Earl Jason Lee from 90's Kevin Smith movies aura and the premise sounds so incredibly cheesy and predictable that I can't help but think/know I'll love it.

Besides, I've always been a sucker for the whole Craiglist hipster unexpected love affair fantasy. It's why god (or whatever up there) created Missed Connections.

0 painful displays of affection:

  © Blogger templates Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP