Friday, July 18, 2008

Pierce Brosnan makes ABBA sexy

Photobucket


While the rest of the known universe traverses to the movie theaters in hopes of squeezing into seats elbow-to-elbow with unwashed fanboys, clown necrophiliacs, and small bladder-ed ten year-olds, I and my battalion of ladies shall be entranced in the probably godawful Mamma Mia!

It's not because I liked the musical (never saw it), like ABBA (memories of my father and mother being intimate in a bungalow in Palm Springs with "Fernando" playing in the background haunt me in my dreams), or even like musicals in general (except for Hair, which isn't a musical as much as a spiritual awakening), but because of one thing, or one man I should say...Pierce Brosnan.



I grew up watching episodes of Remington Steele, only to fall in love with him even more when I saw him in GoldenEye when I was twelve. There was something about him that was just so utterly charming, sexy, if not outright dashing.

He may be old enough to be my father, but goddamn holy ghost, if I could watch him in After the Sunset more than five times, I can easily find time to watch him sashaying awkwardly in any which way.

Even if it means sitting through lots of this:



The horrible things we do for love.

0 painful displays of affection:

  © Blogger templates Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP