Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teacher's Pet


"So what'd you study in school?"

"Journalism."

"Oh journalism, huh? Kinda like that Clark Gable film, eh?"

"I don't know-"

"You know which one, the uh, one with that Doris Day broad....Teacher's Pet! There you go!"

"I haven't-"

"Journalism's quite a racket, huh? All the writing and stuff. Man, that movie reminds me- I'm about the same age Clark Gable was in that one; why can't I get my own Doris Day do you figure?"



"I don't know-"

"Age is age is age, right? It's not like I'm not spry like any old regular kind of person. I could run with a nice thirty-something, don't cha think?"

"Well-"

"Exactly. Everything's all open and modern and such, right? So there's nothing wrong with a middle aged 74 year-old like myself getting with a nice young lady like that receptionist lady at the front desk, right?"

"Actually, I'm not sure if-"

"Boy, just like it was before it used be what it became, right? When you and I used to kick back and drink to our hearts content. Didn't need anything but a few bucks to my name, a working hot plate, and a nice lady for the night. Those were the days, you know."


0 painful displays of affection:

  © Blogger templates Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP