Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whatever Works doesn't always


I love, love, love, love, LOVE Larry David. Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, the legendary "nah, I don't feel like it" approach of some of his stand up gigs, (Christ I even watched Sour Grapes)... I love it all.

And Woody is Woody. Any true blue, born and raised New Yorker with even a smidgen of a semblance of an aspiration for comedy writing has to do their due diligence on Allen's work, and for better or for worse I've always been one of his biggest proponents (how on earth a person could end a relationship with a woman because of a fight about the inability to look at the work separate from the artist's 'personal proclivities' seemed implausible, until, well, I did) in good times (Manhattan!) and bad (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of parts of the 80s, 90s, and 00s).

So hearing the idea of Woody possibly getting back into the swing of things (or at least as good as the recent swing has been for him) by reuniting with David as the lead sent my envy for Jewish comedic gold into a tizzy (sort of like Mel Gibson, except the complete opposite). Then it opened the Tribeca Film Festival, and uh...:



That Evan Rachel Wood does do a mean Holly Hunter. Or Anna Paquin. I'm not sure. So there's something (protectively eyes copy of Bananas in denial).

0 painful displays of affection:

  © Blogger templates Template by Ourblogtemplates.com

Back to TOP